Aromatherapy: Essential Oils
- Lavender is great as it is used to relieve stress and help us to feel calm. It is also used to aid sleep. I love lavender and it’s probably the most popular one. You can use the spray or get a diffuser. I just put a few drops into a large bowl and leave it by my windowsill. Not only does the room smell amazing after but it’s also good for you. You can also put a few drops of all these in your bath. There are so many benefits to lavender oil.
- Peppermint oil – Peppermint is an aromatic herb in the mint family. It has many uses and is often used in aromatherapy.
- Jasmine oil has a gorgeous floral scent. According to a 2013 study, inhaling jasmine oil can promote a sense of well-being and romance. Unlike some other essential oils used for anxiety, jasmine oil is thought to calm the nervous system without causing sleepiness.
- Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus is widely believed to decrease symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Tea Tree oil can be used for so many things, it can also boost the immune system.
- Patchouli is known to help relieve some symptoms of anxiety and depression used as aromatherapy.
- Chamomile is used to calm anxiety. Chamomile is an herb that comes from the daisy-like flowers. It has been consumed for centuries as a natural remedy for several health conditions. To make chamomile tea, the flowers are dried and then infused into hot water.
- Ylang Ylang Floral-scented ylang ylang is used in aromatherapy to promote relaxation. According to a 2006 study on nurses, inhaling a blend of ylang ylang, lavender, and bergamot lowered stress and anxiety levels, blood pressure, heart rate, and serum cortisol.
Hope this helps – there are many others but these are the most common ones and ones I have used.
Let me know below which ones work for you.
Love to you all,